Sarah Mason Photography Header

Wednesday 16 April 2014

Treasured memories

Hi everyone,

It's Suzi here.  I'm looking forward to blogging more.  I've been busy working behind the scenes on a new look website and revamping the packages and products we offer.  But today I've been feeling very nostalgic.  I've just had a new fringe cut into my hair for the first time in 30 something years, and it's taken me right back to when I was a little girl.  This got me looking through some old photographs of my family and it's made me think how lovely and important it is to have these photographs to look back on.

My dad suffered some health problems with his heart recently, which came as quite a shock to us all as he had always previously been in good health.  Fortunately, he's recovering well, but it's certainly made us all sit up and enjoy every moment and to cherish the time we have together.  My Dad and my Grandad have always had cameras slung around their necks or a cine camera to hand, which I am so so grateful for.   Dad recently put all of Grandad's old cine films onto CD which is so nice to have - seeing generations of my family through the years!

Mum & Dad's wedding day 
I won't bore you with any films, but I thought I'd share a few photos with you.  We'd love to see some of your old photographs and hear about some of your memories.  Please feel free to add a link to a childhood photo you really cherish too on our Facebook page.



1 comment: