Sarah Mason Photography Header

Thursday 3 October 2013

Luca's Dream For Life Shoot

A few months ago I launched a competition to win one of my Dream For Life packages.  I've never run a competition before, so I was entering into the unknown.  My Dream For Life package is one of my latest and is centred around the child choosing the theme for their photo shoot.  The idea first came from a shoot I did last year with Amy who I have been photographing since she was a baby.  When I asked her what she would like to do for her shoot she answered  'a Teddy Bears' Picnic!' so this is exactly what we did (you can see the shoot here).  We sat down and chatted about what she would like to do, and how she'd like it to look too.

So the competition ran, and I had some great ideas from children for shoots, from pirates to The Gruffalo.  In the end, Luca's suggestion was chosen at random.  Luca wanted to be Jack Frost from the film 'The Rise Of The Guardians' - what a great idea.  Luca's Mum had emailed me with his words as to why he wanted to be Jack Frost, and these great little sketches!


We talked about whether we should go the whole hog and go for a frosty face painting option.  Luca was really up for this (not that he needed any help to get into character as you will see!), so the preps began. Thanks to Hannah for the face painting skills, and to Suzi and Debs for the superb snowball pom poms!

It was great to spend time with Luca racing around the forest 'flying and frosting' - we had such a fun shoot.  I love all these great ideas you're coming up with.  And well done to Jack Frost!

My 'Dream for Life' package isn't exclusively for children, it can also be for us bigger kids too - any takers?!



No comments:

Post a Comment