Sarah Mason Photography Header

Monday 1 August 2011

July

I can't believe how quickly August has come around!  July was a great month.  There were weddings,  the Hebden Bridge Arts Festival, launch events and commercial shoots.  I also turned a year older, but I'm not sure if I'm counting this as a highlight!  I'm also really pleased to be a part of the Hebden Bridge Times/Halifax Courier Summer Of Love campaign.  There will be an article about Zebra Photography in the coming weeks and towards the end of the summer I will be revealing some exciting news, I'm just busy in the wings getting it all ready for the launch....

As the photographer for this year's Arts Festival, I tried to get round to as many events as possible.  It was a fantastic two weeks and I met some amazing people both performers and the dedicated volunteers behind the scenes.  Congratulations to Rebecca and her team for putting on such an eclectic Festival with reduced funding.  Here are a couple of pictures taken at the beginning of July.  You can see a few more at The Arts Festival Facebook page.   Holly and Jan - social media for creatives did a fantastic job of covering the Festival by keeping us all updated via Facebook and Twitter.

Martha Tilston played The Trades Club.  It's the first time I've seen her play live - brilliant!

The Moira Monologues with Alan Bissett:

 Crime novelist Val McDermid signing books at the Little Theatre:

Peter Hook  at The Trades Club.  He played a great set, very much appreciated by people of a certain age!  I am including myself in this group...

 Robin Ince back stage with Rebecca Yorke at the Picture House.


 Imove On The Street with The Demon Barbers.  If you get a chance - go and see them!

From festivals to weddings.  Christina and Matthew's was the first I covered last month.  We had early evening hazy sunshine at the Gomersal Park Hotel which was perfect for our photo shoot.  The couple had been married a month before at a very intimate ceremony over in Las Vegas.  The reception over here saw them celebrating with family and friends.




There were some lovely touches - including a pick 'n' mix table where guests could choose from a selection of retro goodies and fill up a sweetie bag!


As the celebrations continued and the light began to fade, little paper lanterns with tea lights were dotted round the venue..

I've been working with Calderdale College since 2009 providing the lovely marketing team with images for their  campaigns, prospectus and website.  I covered the adult learners end of year art show at Todmorden College.



 Then onto the monthly W.I. meeting where Debbie and the team from Zeitgeist Hair were demonstrating how to create vintage hair styles.....


Onto Emma and Rob's wedding in Todmorden.  They walked from St Mary's Church round the corner to the reception venue - The Todmorden Vintner, followed by all their guests.




I met Sarah and Matt last winter to discuss their wedding and by the time I had come back to my car, it was covered in snow.  It was a slow drive down the hill from Heptonstall back home!  No snow on their big day but it was pouring with rain up until the couple had exchanged their vows.  When we left Todmorden Town Hall, the sun had made an appearance and we went up to Heptonstall for a few more photos.






I met Rachel Lucie a couple of months ago and I bought one of her necklaces  for my sister's birthday this month.  We kept in touch and I was really pleased when she chose me to take new images of her work for her website.

Great modelling by Emma:

Sophie:

and Rachel!

 Little Valley Brewery had their re-brand launch a couple of weeks ago.  They are lovely people with a great work ethic.





From one launch event to the next.  Marcus and Warren from Yorkshire Soap have just opened their new venture - Home OH! a new home and lifestyle boutique in Hebden Bridge.  Great live music, pink fizz served in vintage tea cups and nice shiny things to feast your eyes on!!

The Mayor of Calderdale - Councillor Nader Fekri and his wife Helen enjoying a cup of bubbly!




 Sarah Bratley - creator of Penny Masquerade Jewellery....

And so a new month begins.  Whatever you are up to this summer, have a great holiday!


No comments:

Post a Comment